Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Day Seven...the 40 days only begin

40 days left, including today. I feel so cheated. I feel like the past 6 days have been a mini-lifetime, and the promise of a lenten 40 days actually only starts just now. Perhaps my frustrations are fuelled by the fact that I have little or nothing to do in work. I look at the phone and will it to ring, it has a clock on it, I see the time. I look at my screen and will new emails to pop into my inbox, the screen tells me the time. The one liners from the fella across the way, one of the lads I used to give a lift to and the beardy fella just aren't distracting me enough for the day. My colleague's hangover has been flittering entertainment at random intervals. I walked to the bar machine, they had no healthy snacks, so I got a diet coke, now my stomach feels like it's about to explode and I'm trying to burp on the quiet. Shoulda bought the jaffa cakes.

On the plus side, I haven't sworn at all today, that I know of. I shall have to put colleagues and friends on high alert now to put a pure stop to the swearing. It's still not a natural tendency towards cleaner language, but I think I'm getting there. Having said that, I'm giving one of the lads a lift home today, so I have to travel the Blanchardstown way again, so I'm not holding out much hope for a clean slate today. Oh yeah, my team is playing in the second leg of the champions league and the opposition has the upper hand, no chance of a clean slate today.

***
"This channel is locked, please contact your service provider" <flick channel up, and back normal screen displays momentarily, then error message> I repeat this sequence 3 times. The rage boils inside me. "Motherfucking NTL, or fucking UPC or whatever the shit they call themselves nowadays. Arse fucking biscuits. The bloody bastard arseholes!!!!!! I'm going to absolutely fuck the fucking NTL shitty box out the fucking window, I can't befuckinglieve its broken right bloody now" (I think that may have been building up for a while, but, in fairness, 5 minutes before the match starts and the telly goes) This is a familiar rant of anger towards our television provider. For some reason, there regularly seems to be a problem shortly before or during football matches.

So, Eoin, from UPC receives my rant of anger, on the plus side I don't think I swore at him but I did go along the lines of "UPC, NTL, Cablelink, whatever you want to call yourselves, I don't care, there is nothing but problems, why is it always before a football match? What's that about? Seriously, I'm absolutely sick of this." Eoin "Ok, can you just plug out your box and I'll send a signal boost down the line". I laughed and told him I had already done this as this is the only solution the company ever gives me. I duly plugged it out and he "sent a signal boost" to our 2-week-old replacement telebox, which had a similar signal sent to it only a few weeks ago. It must have been lonely and wanted to communicate with the mother-ship. Me hoop if there is even such a thing.

Well, that's the lenten promise well and truly fucked the shit out the bastard window for tonight. Holy mother of fuck, I was angry earlier. Bastard television service providers with their arsehole "technicians" on the phone.

Swears for day seven = several fucking million.

No comments:

Post a Comment